Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Travel and Visa Information

Scientists from all parts of the world are invited to attend the ecoSTP 2018 Conference. All international visitors entering Canada are generally required to present a valid visa or passport issued by a Canadian Consular Official. Travel and Visa information for visitors to Canada can be found at the following websites:

*If you require a Visa to enter Canada, we recommended that you apply for your visa at least 4 to 5 months prior to your departure date.

Important Info For Travellers

Check out different ways to travel to London Ontario.

Have Proper Identification

Make sure you carry proper identification for yourself and any children travelling with you to assist in confirming your legal right or authorization to enter Canada upon your arrival.

Identification For U.S. Citizens And Permanent Residents

If you are a U.S. citizen, ensure you carry proof of citizenship such as a passport, birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, a U.S. Permanent Resident Card, or a Certificate of Indian Status along with photo identification.

For all modes of entry, we recommend you carry a valid passport for all travel abroad, including visits to Canada from the United States. A passport may be required by your airline or alternative transportation authority, as it is the only universally-accepted identification document.

Citizens and permanent residents of the United States who are members of the NEXUS or FAST programs may present their membership cards to the CBSA as proof of identity and as documents that denote citizenship, when arriving by land or marine modes only.

All visitors arriving from or transiting through the United States are encouraged to visit for information concerning the U.S. Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, and the requirements to enter or return to the United States.

Identification For International Visitors

The Government of Canada requires that all travelers carry a valid passport because it is the only reliable and universally-accepted travel and identification document for the purpose of international travel. International transportation companies such as airlines may require travelers to present a passport. Therefore, travelers may face delays or may not be allowed to board the aircraft or other mode of transportation, if they present other documents.

When you enter Canada, a border services officer may ask to see your passport and a valid visa (if you are arriving from a country for which one is required). We remind all travelers you must carry proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization or a Certificate of Indian Status along with photo identification. For more information, consult Visitors to Canada and Other Temporary Residents.

Invitation Letter

Individuals requiring an official letter of invitation in order to obtain a visa or permission to attend the meeting may request one from ecoSTP18 Conference Organization Committee by email to but this requires that applicants first register and pay meeting registration fees for the conference, per Western University regulations. The letter does not imply that any conference fees or other expenses will be assumed by the meeting organizers or the ecoSTP18. When sending your request, send your payment confirmation number as well as your full academic contact information.

Platinum Sponsors
Trojan Logo
Western Engineering Logo
Southern Ontario Water Consortium Logo
In collaboration with:
Water Environment Federation Logo
Register Online Today!
Want To Stay Informed?
Check out London Ontario
Travelling to London

Check out our Travelling to London page for information on transportations and how to get to Western University.